Saturday, April 11, 2009

Change purses and things

Here are a few change purses that I made recently. This first one is an embroidered little 3 x 4 inch with a snap closure.

Last November, I got a used home embroidery/sewing machine and I am just learning how to use it. It is my first electronic sewing machine and I was a little afraid of it at first. Fortunately, I bought it used from a dealer and got a fantastic deal, along with classes on how to use it. The classes were just me and the teacher, so I could ask any question I wanted. We stepped through how to thread the machine, wind the bobbin and tried out most of the decorative stitches. She showed me how to adjust the stitches, use the thread cutter and all the fancy stuff on the machine. Then she showed me how to use the embroidery attachment. We did several embroideries step by step and I think I am getting the hang of it. I am still a little intimidated by the machine, it has so many things that it can do that I haven't really tried yet. But it does sew a great handbag, don't you think?

This little zip top coin purse is from the hemp obi that I got at the kimono sale. A lot of the fabric was damaged and stained with a blue dye I could not get out. But the woven pattern in chidori (plovers) ocean waves, and rocks on the seashore. It is about 4 x 4 inches, so you can slip a credit card, some money or keys into it and put it in your pocket.



On this one, I put a little dragonfly charm as a zipper pull. I think it really makes the bag, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment