Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zip tops and Dewdrops

Oh yes, I have been sewing bags. I took a few photos, but now I have to post them.

I had a request from my sister to make some bags with a zip top because she is afraid of things falling out of her bag. So here is one I made with a zip top out of some home decor fabric on sale I bought ages ago.
I tried to embroider something that makes it look a little more Asian and not so plain. I have so much to learn about my embroidery machine. When I get back from New York, I want to sit down and really learn the software so I don't feel so nervous everytime I sit down to embroider something on the machine.

Close up of the embroidery:

And I found this dragonfly charm to use as a zipper pull
Here is another little bag I made from a pattern from Keykalou. It is called the Dewdrop handbag. It has an inside pocket and I think it is really cute: I made another one with some left over scraps, and another one of plain blue fabric. I embroidered "LUNCH" on the outside of the plain one and gave it away as a gift. Sorry I don't have a photo to show you that one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment