Sunday, August 2, 2009

Craft Booth Success

Well, I had my second craft booth experience yesterday at the Oregon Buddhist Temple for the Obon Festival.

Even though the temperature was 98F from 4 pm to 9 pm, I was quite pleased with how it all went. There were only 5 other booths so I had plenty of traffic. I sold more than I expected. I didn't know what people might be interested in, so I took some Japanese Tea Ceremony supplies (none sold), meditation benches (none sold, but several people promised to buy for gifts coming up), notebook covers (a couple sold, sorry I didn't take photos before they went) and SIX that's 6 handbags, 2 wallets and a big carry all that I just finished and haven't had time to photograph. I am so happy.

So here are the bags that sold:




So don't forget, if you are in Portland, I'll be showing more of my sewing at


C.H.A. Creative Handmade Art Year II

This show presents a collection of artists who study the way of tea. …a way of beauty…a way of life. Richard Brandt, Sanje Elliott, Jan Waldmann, Barbara Walker, and Margie Yap. Together, with other special guest artists, we offer objects in clay, wood, painting and calligraphy in the spirit of peace and hospitality. Come join us in this spirit.

August 7th, Opening Gala: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
8th, Noon until 5:00 pm
9th, Noon until 5:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment